ARTIST: John P. Lasater IV
Intermediate to Advanced Levels
A familiar name in the national plein air scene, John excels at design, sophisticated color mixing, paint application and edge-control. And now, with years of teaching under his belt, expect to be encouraged and challenged by his demonstrations and hands-on help.
John has been influenced by many artists: directly through workshops with Israel Hershberg, C.W. Mundy, and Carolyn Anderson, and indirectly through self-study of historical sources such as Charles Hawthorne, Edwin Dickenson, Georgio Morandi, James Whistler, Edgar Degas, Andrew Wyeth, Camille Corot, Diego Velazquez, and Italian and Roman historical art.
- Introduce you to new ways of approaching one of the toughest artistic subjects – landscapes painted outdoors.
- Further your knowledge of wet-on-wet oil painting, and ways to use your tools.
- Empower you to make better choices when deciding what and how to paint; choices that fit you personally and this place in art history.
- Introduce you to painting larger canvases outdoors, and in multiple sessions.
- Add nocturnal painting to your repertoire.
- Learn new ways to conquer your emotional roadblocks.
- Teach you about the history of outdoor painting, and how you fit in its current manifestation in the United States.